Expertise Solutions For How To Change a Tap Washer in a Shower
Want expert advice on How To Change a Tap Washer in a Shower? Get all the information related to how to change a washer on a shower tap, how to change a washer in a shower mixer tap, how to change a washer on a shower mixer tap, or any plumbing emergencies with our local and experienced team.
The dripping sound that emerges from a leaky tap washer is absolutely irritating and seems to cause a lot of frustration. You suddenly start hearing it all the time, and within no time, it becomes a real annoyance. And, it’s really worse if the leak is in the shower. Can you imagine your bathroom wet all the time or the constant sound wherever you go in? However, simply wishing it away won’t help.
Changing a tap washer in a shower is not a daunting task. It also does not require you to have detailed knowledge of plumbing. However, you must at least have the tools needed and know the ways to use them. If you are eager to be a self-sufficient homeowner, then you must know how to change the washer in a shower on your own.
Here Are The Steps How To Change a Tap Washer in a Shower
Keep in mind that tap washers do not last forever. They are often in need of change, and you can do the repair yourself if you follow the steps compiled here and you will definitely get the best result for How To Change a Tap Washer in a Shower just follow the steps.
- Cut off the water supply: It is unwise to start the procedure of changing the washer without turning off the water supply. You can shut off the supply of water from the nearest valve. If you find difficulty in locating it, then you can just turn off the main water supply.
- Remove the screw from the faucet handle: Then, you must look out for the screw that keeps the faucet handle together. It may be close to the escutcheon or beneath the handle. After you find it, use a screwdriver to take off the screw.
- Take off the handle: When you take off the screw, the handle loosens, making it easy for you to keep it aside.
- Unscrew the escutcheon: Now, you must be on the lookout for the screws that ensure that the escutcheon is held properly. Once you locate them, remove the screws so that you can put aside the escutcheon and take a look at the cartridge.
- Loosen the cartridge: Use pliers to get a hold of the cartridge and then turn it in the counterclockwise direction. Keep doing it until it becomes easy to remove from the wall.
- Remove the old washer: When the cartridge comes out, you will see the washer that is located at the base. To take out the old washer, use a screwdriver. You can also use pliers in some cases.
- Put in the new washer: Now, you must place the new one, and make sure that it is not loose. Whenever you go out to buy new washers, pay special attention to the sizes. The wrong one will trouble you again.
Then, you have to follow the above-mentioned steps in reverse to put back the shower faucet. Make sure that you do not miss any of the steps.
Contact Professional Tap Repair Plumbers For Effective Result
You can solve your problem through Professionals Plumbing help and we will solve your query How To Change a Tap Washer in a Shower? Having some necessary plumbing skills is a brilliant notion. However, sometimes, there are issues that you cannot conclude without expert knowledge and experience. This is where professionals save the day.
Their years of working have given them the skill to assess and then take the steps required for the repairing needed. We offer excellent tap repairing services. Our team of experts and professionals is well aware of the various methods and employs them to give you the best result possible. Drop-in a call, and we will change your tap washer instantly due to which there will be no waste of water on the time.